Ozzy Osbourne says ‘school shootings and massacres’ behind decision to leave US: ‘It’s worrying’

Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne talk about their upcoming move to England.

The couple spoke to ABC News on Wednesday about their plans to leave America after more than two decades. Ozzy announced plans to relocate from Los Angeles last month, citing gun violence as a factor.

“It’s disturbing,” the Black Sabbath singer said of the “number of school shootings and massacres” in the US.

Sharon jumped in saying, “Do I feel safe living here without insurance? No. No way.”

Mrs O previously said she faced death threats after her ordeal The reason left in 2021. He was fired from the show after a nasty on-air fight with co-host Sheryl Underwood. It arose from Sharon’s defense of Piers Morgan, who had dismissed Meghan Markle’s claims that she faced racism within the royal family. Sharon denied he was racist and criticized further claims that followed, calling them “lies”.

In a new preview of Sharon’s upcoming Fox Nation documentaries To Hell & Back, Sharon said of the death threats, “I had to deal with these nutcrackers threatening me, saying they’re going to come at night, cut my throat, cut my husband’s neck, cut my animals.” She blamed the cancellation mentality of the woke mob culture in the US and said it made her want to withdraw from the limelight altogether.

Sharon told ABC News that there are other factors behind them packing up and leaving Los Angeles Another being, “I can’t speak for Ozzy, but I want to go home,” she said.

After two decades of living in America — the beginnings were documented on MTV The Osbournes 20 years ago — they will return permanently to their English country estate in 2023. The move will be documented in another documentary — by the BBC Home to Roost — which will also follow Ozzy’s health issues, including a Parkinson’s diagnosis revealed in 2020 and a debilitating fall the previous year.

The couple’s three children – Amy, Jack and a pregnant Kelly – will remain in the state, so they said they will still visit regularly. However, they are in the process of offloading their mansion in the Hancock Park neighborhood, which went on the market with an asking price of $18 million in July.

The “Crazy Train” singer opened up about his health after returning to the stage last month for the first time in two years. He will also help kick off the 2022 NFL season by serving as halftime announcer for the LA Rams and Buffalo Bills game on Thursday. While he’s back on stage and releasing a new album, Patient number 9, on Friday, he admitted that his mobility is “not great. I have to negotiate where I want to go and I get tired easily”. Surgery in June to fix metal plates rubbing against his spinal cord improved things “quite a bit,” but Sharon called the past three years “soul-destroying” at times as she watched him struggle.

Ozzy insisted he’s not giving up though, saying: “When I retire, I’ll hear the sound of dirt going over my cap. You won’t see the last of me yet.”

Sharon also promotes Fox Nation’s look-back documentaries The reason Drama. He told ABC News that he has “No regrets” about her departure from the CBS talk show, adding that “there’s no more apologies — because I’m not.”

Ozzy and Sharon’s ABC News interview airs Night line Wednesday night at 12:35 am. ET.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *