Judge won’t limit release of evidence if OnlyFans model charged with murder

A Miami-Dade judge won’t restrict the release of evidence in the murder case against OnlyFans model Courtney Clenney.

District Judge Diana Vizcaino on Tuesday denied her defense attorneys’ request to prevent the release of evidence that is normally a public record under Florida law.

Clenney, who made her first live appearance in Miami-Dade court Tuesday since her arrest last month, is charged with second-degree assault with a deadly weapon. Prosecutors say she fatally stabbed Christian “Toby” Obumseli on April 3 during a heated argument inside their luxury Wedgewater apartment.

Claims self-defense. The Miami-Dade district attorney’s office says she was the aggressor and had a history of assaulting Obumseli during their tumultuous relationship.

The motion to suppress the evidence was opposed by the Miami Herald, as well as the district attorney’s office.

“The law requires evidence that access to these public records would deprive the defendant of a fair and impartial trial,” Miami Herald attorney Scott Ponce said after the hearing. “The judge decided that there is no such evidence. In a county of 2.7 million people, it is difficult to show that a fair and impartial jury cannot be selected.”

Defense attorneys Frank Prieto and Sabrina Puglisi asked the judge to limit the release of prosecution evidence in the case, saying it would unfairly taint a future jury. They wanted the judge to consider all the evidence before allowing their release. In Florida, much of the prosecution evidence is generally public record, except for certain items such as autopsy photos or confessions.

Judge Diana Vizcaino during an evidentiary hearing for Courtney Clenney, the OnlyFans model accused of murdering her boyfriend Christian Obumsel last April in Miami.

They’ve also expressed concern that “adult” photos and videos — OnlyFans is known for creators posting obscene content — could become part of the state’s record. Prieto, during Tuesday’s hearing, said the release of graphic media obtained by investigators would create a “circus of media publishing obscene material that has nothing to do with guilt or innocence in this case.”

He also accused the Miami Herald of wanting facts in the case just to pump up the readership.

“That’s the motivation here for the Miami Herald to step in,” Prieto said. “Clicks are needed.”

Prieto had also lashed out at District Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle in announcing the arrest for releasing a video showing Clenney attacking Obumseli in an elevator weeks before the murder. Claim prosecutors”mobilized the media and used it as a tool’ and the elevator incident was misleading.

Prosecutor Khalil Queenan fired back, saying Prieto’s frequent statements to the press were an attempt to control the narrative, including the revelation that she had been arrested in Hawaii while in drug addiction treatment.

“Mr. Prieto notified the press – and the state – of Ms. Cleney’s arrest,” Quinnan said. “He was the entity that made it known.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *